So this is a very HAPPY POST with a few darks spots at the end…
So this weekend I hung out with some girlfriends. We ran/walk/hopped/twerked across the finish line, the best part is that we finished. Now before AAAAAALLLLLLL of that and I get to the end I must indulge on how we got there.
Once upon a time… lol NOPE…
It was in the middle of the semester and I have been trying to get a group of my friend to do one of those fun/awesome/charity runs. I mean why do it if its not for a good cause. Yea exercise! but ya get me?!?!…
So as I was headed to my Mechanics of Material class with my horrible professor I was greeted on the 4th floor by a HEEEEEYYY *insert name* !!!!! I was so happy my morning had some cheering up to it! 🙂 I told them about the run and they were like YES! lets do this! On the spot we signed up as a team the “French Kiss” (lets just say I have been trying to get someone to use that name, another cub I am apart of was suppose to have a fundraiser and use it but thtat never got off the ground ANYWAYYYYY) But whatever our name was our, team was awesome! ….
SKIPS the rest, to the night before… 😀
So the night before it was a girls sleep over and it has been soo long that I actually had a “sleepover” it was pretty interesting and much more ‘mature’ than the typical sleepover and plus my friend is married(she is the only married one, the rest status:single lol).
My day started a bit gloomy but once we all got to my gf’s house it was LIVE. Our idea of a good night sleep before a 5K was to go to a hookah bar and drink a lil and chill. I was twerking allover the place! #twerkteam I went to bed twerking and woke them up twerking,
One thing I am known for is my punctuality (depening on the importnce of it [: ) So these buggers decided to sleep under the covers for a minute more in which I indulged in more twerking on them. Them when it was time I was tooting my horn and we were off, headed to the race to meet up with other team members and get all colored up #colormerad and stay fit! YAY
We waited for our friends, most of them showed up the other to where LATE but still we finished they race and were re-united at the end of the race. The was was awesome the people, the vibe, the atmosphere was just beaming with all different faces, all different ages. It was really cute to see the little kids running with their families and just having a great time! We were suppose to twerk across the finish line but we did it for like a short second. #FAIL we got throught the race alive #YES #THANKGOD! then we partied a little, got some free give aways and then headed to dc, we were starving. BOMBED #chipotle and we ate so much we were stuffed no one could talk from there the group dispered slowly.
The few that hung around decided to “chill” but instead it was more like forced chilling because we were tired and we had a food coma, #tryingtobecool, we grabbed a few beers and called it a day.
I was so colored up and I had a temporary tatt on my face, imagine taking the bus with that on your face LOL smh but I made it home, stepped righ in the shower and affter that I was KO(knocked out), thinking I was going to just take a NAP, I ended up waking up in the morning for work.
Now from now on these are observations I made about my friends that annoyed me a little and I JUST took notice of. I may be a bit judgemental but I think we all are a little. I am not picky and I DO NOT get pissed off easily or annoyed but this really picked at me.
1. one of my friends kept making childish comments; everytime someone had on somethign cool there would be a following remark “we shoul dget that”, “we are not cool enough”, “man we are lame”, “why didn;t we think of that”, “lets get that”, “I am goign to guy that” (keep in mind this is a sunday, therfore most business are closed.
2. I had this one friend whp also tried to be number one. Nw here is my thing, I believe in competition but this was all fun in my head, sorry didnt get the memo. We were all friends there. Why was there sucha big deal about it.
There are more but I would like to just leaev this post a happy one.
1. Some things you can ony take in doses.
2. Stop looking on the ones around you, enjoy you first AT ALL TIMES
3. Make sure the whole group knows the meaning of team.
4. Make sure all teh friends know each other.
5. No matter how old, you can do whatever.
6. It encouraged me to run more.
7. Kids are adorable!
8. There are good kids!
9. Why give up now, keep on living!
10. A happy you makes a even happier environment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was awesome. I would do it any other time.